Leveling Items in Anarchy Online have an additional attribute that provides a way for them to remain useful for longer.
Right clicking on a leveling item will increase its Quality Level if the requirements to Use it are met.
Although not all leveling items are the best items, items are considerably better for having that attribute as well.
Players should take note of the requirements to Equip and Use. In the case of items, such as Morphing Memory and the Solar-Powered Pistol, where the requirement to Equip and the req. to Use (thereby leveling it a QL higher) are the same, right clicking can accidentally level the items beyond the character's capacity to wear them.
Another kind of item that remains useful for a long time is weapons with no Useful Skill cap, such as the Gamma Ejector SMG and the Customized Desert Reet pistol, both dropped in the Biomare 'dungeon' playfield.
Some common leveling items, and where they are found, are:
- Newcomers Armor (Auno) - shop buyable. Levels for credits to QL 200
- Living Cyber Armor (Auno) - Condemned Subway & Quest Mission. Levels automatically to QL 200
- Morphing Memory - Condemned Subway Caution: Reqs to Equip and Use are the same
- Ring of the Nucleus Basalis (Auno) - Condemned Subway
- Kevlar Wool Balaclava Helmet (Auno) - Agent-only hat, ICC shops
Leveling Items produced with Tradeskills, and locations of their components, are:
- NCU Hacker Interface Fixer-only item, General Shops
- Solar-Powered Pistol (Augmented Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol, which requires an Engineer with a Lost Eden expansion. Dust Brigade Outpost: Inside the Machine.
- Physician's Cap (Auno) - Trader Shop & Loot (Notum Chip)
- Advanced Salesman's Hat (Auno) - Hope Trader-only hat, ('Salesman's Hat') & Loot (Notum Chip)
- Repairman's Hat (Auno) - Engineer-only hat, Hope ('Salesman's Hat') & Loot ('Notum Chip')
- Sharpshooter's Helmet (Auno) - Agent-only hat, ICC shops ('Kevlar wool balaclava') & Loot ('Sharpshooter's Chip')
- Reanimator's Cloak (Auno) from Pit Demon's Heart and Necromancer Cloak, both dropping in Crypt of Home
- Prowler Armor (Auno) Upgrade of Crawler Armor, obtained in Crypt of Home
- Chosen Armor (Auno) - Shadowlands Quest Missions. Customized for each Profession
- Faithful Armor (Auno) - Shadowlands Quest Missions. Customized for each Profession
- Nano Input Hood: (Phasing Nano Input Hood, Fuzzy Nano Input Hood, Wrinkled Nano Input Hood) Alien Invasion only
- Tier 1 Armor (Auno) - Shadowlands Quest Missions. Customized for each Profession
- Tier 2 Armor (Auno) - Shadowlands Quest Missions. Customized for each Profession
- Unique Encounters (Notum Soldier, an alternative source for the 'Customized Desert Reet')
Nano Input Hoods on IGN, AO Vault