Pandemonium is the final and most dangerous area to progress to in the Shadowlands and represents the heart of the Source and the technology used to open it. In this place, the Beast reigns and his influence has corrupted and compelled members from both the Redeemed and the Unredeemed to join him. Despite this, both sides have gardens open to the bravest warriors who would challenge the might of the Beast and claim the Source for their side. These gardens are unique in that they do not require keys or insignias to access and any member of any side can enter them and use their shops (assuming they are survive the onslaught of foes).
Pandemonium is almost exclusively used as a raid zone and it more or less entirely taken up by organized raid bots. The zone itself is considered to be 'inside' so programs that only work outside do not work in Pandemonium.
The zones in Pandemonium are named for the 4 zones of the 9th circle of hell in Dante Alighieri's Inferno. This circle of hell is reserved for various types of traitors.
- Reserved for traitors to their brothers, named for the Biblical character Cain.
- Named for Antenor of Troy, who, according to legend, betrayed Troy to the Greeks.
- This zone is reserved for traitors to their guests, and is named for Ptolemy of Jericho, who betrayed Simon Maccabaeus and his sons within that city's walls.
- The betrayer of Christ, Judas the Iscariot is the namesake for this zone, which is reserved for traitors to their gods. Sinners punished in this zone are completely frozen in ice. In the center of this zone lives a three-headed Satan, who happens to be eternally eating Brutus, Cassius (both plotted to kill Julius Caesar), and the aforementioned Judas Iscariot. Dante is still down there farming points for his burden, I think.
Information about the raidbots:
- The Beast is raided alternately for 1 week each by Omni and Clan, followed by a week of FFA.
- The following Raidbots are used:
- Hellcom - for Omni/Neutral
- Kbeast (formerly Beastnet, before that Pande, before that Pabot) - for Clan
- for Zodiacs Clan is using Kzods (formerly Zodsnet, before that Xtbot).
- After instancing of the Pandemonium, old bots for The Beast were taken down.
- Following Raidbot is now running for The Beast and Zodiacs:
- Pandenuts, schedules for raid are posted on forums
- Pande is raided on 4 days by Clan (Mo, We, Fr, Su) and 3 days by Omni (Tu, Thu, Sa)
- The following Raidbots are used:
- Panbot - for Omni
- Pandebot - for Clan.
- Pandebot loot statistics:
There are 5 different sorts of mobs in Pande.
These can drop this common loot:
Glyph of the Arcana
Spiritech Medical Analyzer
Spiritech Network Analyzer
Poison Darts of the Deceptor
Capsule of Fulminating Novictum
Tear of Oedipus
In Pandemonium there are 18 different bosses. These split into the following categories:
- 4 portal bosses, which need to be killed to advance to the next island and have no loot.
- 12 Zodiac named bosses, which have wave 4 different spawn places: West, East, Middle, North. The first 4 are shared each by 3 different bosses of which only one spawns at random.
- 1 Midway boss: The Night Heart (tnh)
- 1 Final Boss: The Beast
The portal bosses need to be killed to advance the Pande raids.
The guard portals between the different Islands. Once they are killed a blue portal opens for a few minutes. Right clicking these will zone the player to the next area.
These portals are one sided. To use them correctly you need to face south.
Portal bosses respawn after 30 minutes.
The names in order of these bosses are:
The Zodiac bosses
There are 4 different spawn places, which each can have one of 3 different bosses, resulting in 12 different bosses altogether.
The spawn time for these bosses is 6 hours and the type of boss is randomly chosen from one of the 3 possibilities.
2 of these spawn places (E/W) lie outside the normal raid route to The Beast. The other 2 as well as the Midway boss are directly on it.
These mobs drop some very nice twinking items which mostly are nodrop and/or unique.
The second island has the Midway boss.
It has quite a few of adds and need to be treated carefully. If any players are going to the north of this boss, they pull in an additional number of adds "north", which quite often results in the end of the raid force. The respawn time is 6 hours and it is normally done together with Middle and North.
It drops twinking belts and high level symbs.
- The Night Heart (tnh)
The final pandemonium boss is the biggest and most coveted boss in AO and has a little hole to itself. As we learned recently from Ergo in the inferno quests, it is the core of the Shadow Lands.
Though the respawn time was formerly 18 hours, the 17.2 patch for LE changed the respawn time to 9 Hours
It drops a lot of very nice high level stuff. Most of it is nodrop and/or unique.
This side was copied and translated from the German version.
Cirte 14:01, 3. Sep 2005 (CEST)