Player versus Player combat is combat where player characters fight other player characters, rather then Non-Player Character monsters.
As in many other MMORPGs, PvP combat is a very large part of the game experience.
Each zone has a Suppression Gas setting that decides what you can do in that zone. Messages of Gas status is displayed when zoning or when Gas changes inside a zone. When Gas status changes within a zone, you will be in a (dis)grace period which varies from 15 sec to 1 minute During that time you are affected by the rules in previous zone (ie. when you go from 75% to 25% you cannot be attacked for 1 minute). If you are in a grace period, transitioning from a area of higher suppression to one of lower suppression you can break your grace period by attacking another player. (Dis)grace timer messages are displayed in the middle of the screen.
There are 5 different gas states:
- 100% Gas - No fighting can be done in zone (Either PvM or PvP)
- 75% Gas - PvM fighting is allowed and Flagged PvP is allowed as well, You cannot attack an unflagged player
- 25% Gas - PvM and PvP is allowed, you can attack anyone except players from your own Faction
- 5% Gas - PvM and PvP is allowed, you can attack anyone except your own orgmates
- 0% Gas - PvM and PvP is allowed, you can attack anyone
You can never attack your team members, although in low gas levels some hostile aura nanos might affect them
A PvP flag is a method that allows players to be attacked while in a 75% suppression zone as if they were in a 25% zone. Characters with PvP flags are identified by the two asterisks on either side of their name. The Flag is a hostile nano that cannot be deleted from your NCU window
There are 2 types of flags:
- 15 Minute Flag - This flag can be obtained by attacking another player who is flagged for 15 min or by attacking guards who are around cities and some outposts. This type of flag is contagious, so if a player attacks you, they will also receive a 15 minute flag. This flag type will be erased from the NCU if the character dies.
- 4 Hour Flag - This flag can be obtained by attacking towers while your organization does not own any towers. This type of flag is not contagious (If players attack you, they wont be flagged). It does stay in the NCU if the character dies.
50% Rule means that all your weapons, specials and nanos will do only 50% of damage, they would do in PvM.
Example of this rule: your regular hit on a monster is 4602 dmg, therefore your regular hit in pvp (if your opponent has the same AC as the monster) is 2301 dmg
30% Rule means that no single hit or attack will damage your opponent for more than 30% of their total health.
Example of this rule is: In PvM you can cap your AS hitting for 13k dmg each time. In PvP your opponent only has 5000 hp therefore if you AS him, your maximum hit will be 1500 dmg.
This rule is effective per hit, for example the Izgimmer's Tripple nano program does 3 hits, each one is capped at 30% of the target's total health, so max total damage from this can be 3x 30%, that is 90%.
You cannot fight any other player you meet, your opponent needs to be in your level range. PvP range is a bit wider then teaming range. General formula for calculating your pvp range is:
minimum level you can PvP with = your level * 0.8 (ie. level 100 can pvp with lvl 80, but cant pvp with lvl 79)
maximum level you can PvP with = your level / 0.8 (ie. level 100 can pvp with lvl 125, but cant pvp with lvl 126)
See Main Article, Battle Station
The main objective of the Battle Station is to gain more points than the players of the opposite side, through control of four areas. Capturing and holding more control points gives more points over time with the round ending when a specified amount of time expires, or when one side reaches 500 points.
Participation in Battle Station is rewarded with Victory Points that can be used to buy items from the OFAB vendors in Tower Shops; the amount is dependent on level and whether the team lost or won. The Lost Eden expansion is NOT required to enter or participate in the Battle Station, but the Tower Shop terminals, and the items they 'sell' are restricted to those with the expansion.
Teams are restricted to the normal six man teams, and players must wait for both sides to fill their team of six players before the match can begin.
- PvP Title
- PvP Zones
- Notum Wars - PvP Add-On
- Lost Eden - PvP Add-On
- Chat_commands#Finding_characters_and_PvP_Commands Finding characters and PvP Commands