Cyborgs, while aggressive enough to kill on sight, are autonomous and intelligent to the point of representing a separate faction on Rubi-Ka. They are organized into a military hierarchy. Cyborgs are one of the most popular mobs in the game and are hunted by players from level 110-200(or 150) for xp and the Cyborg Death Squad Armor. This armor is very popular with the Fixers it is aimed at, as well as Agents who can equip it with their false profession abilities. The armor can theoretically be found at any quality levels but in reality it depends on the levels at which you can actually find any cyborgs to loot it off! The most reliable high source of CDS armor is the level 240 - 245 Cyborg Dyna Camp at 3475 2980 in Perpetual Wastelands.
South of the center of the Mort zone is a ghost town of mining buildings, which higher level Cyborgs have taken over as a base of operations; Mort is perhaps most famous among travellers for this installation. These 'Mort Borgs' are a favored foe of travellers, mercenaries, and soldiers of both factions, hoping to hone their skills.
Cyborgs do not count as human on the PF Map display; they are shown, like other Monsters, as red dots, not white or orange or blue.
- Greater Tir County
- East and Northeast areas of the Perpetual Wastelands
- Any of the Cyborg Dynas in List of Dyna Camps. Double Dyna in Perpetual Wastelands
Cyborg raid areas
- Cyborg Barracks on the eastern border of Greater Tir Country. It is directly east of the Temple of the Three Winds with the coordinates (3250, 2350). A cyborg-only dungeon of few rooms. It has lv 70-100 mobs. Not a lot of people go there anymore because Biomare is a more popular dungeon for leveling at that point.
- Cyborgs in the upper 180 level range; Cyborg camp southwest from the Sentinel HQ (1489, 844) in the region Mort (1360, 570). Travel north from Meetmedere to reach it. There is one building that is enterable but contains high level MOBs. There are mission terminals in the area as well
- Northwest of it, there is another Cyborg camp (Hidden Base) with Cyborgs in the 180 level range. Journey to Hope and then west to reach it. The Camp is in a crater, whose entrance is on the south side
Located a little west of Camelot Castle, this hideout of cyborgs range from level 80-110 and there are lots of them, with a fairly fast re-spawn rate. The drop rate on armor isn't great by any stretch of the imagination and as the spot is rarely camped or hunted anymore (it was popular in the days before team missions) your best bet if you are only after the armor is getting a higher level character to farm the armor for you, otherwise you will need a fairly good team to hunt these for exp as well as the possibility of loot.
If you do get a good team together though you can level very, very fast at this location if you keep your wits together. The spawn is far faster then even a good team mission and providing you have some crowd control in your team you can reap the benefits.
Ruined Mort Outpost
This area in Mort is close to Mort crater, there is a static dungeon with a varity of mobs in the ruins. It is only one level with a few rooms, enough for a team to clear out and then go back out to cyborgs. This is usually the tactic when you have eliminated all the cyborgs and are waiting on more to respawn.
Abandoned Omni-Tek Mining Outpost at Perpetual Wastelands
The most powerful cyborgs reside here, it also contains one of the strongest cyborg boss in AO: lv 230 Colonel Niala Dekrun. Cyborg drop Death Squad armor here more often.
Note that the numbers below are not yet substantiated as being exclusively for the Dyna Boss, but may in some rare cases be the level of the mobs. In general, though, they are the boss midrange level, with variations being plus or minus 15%, and the dyna minions being several levels below that.
|102 - 108||Perpetual Wastelands||1935, 1380|
|102 - 108||Perpetual Wastelands||1950, 1390|
|120||Central Artery Valley||1380, 2740|
|228 - 234||Perpetual Wastelands||3460, 2940|
|240 - 245||Perpetual Wastelands||3475, 2980|
All in the Cyborg Barracks:
- Eradicator Deimos
- General Severus
- Commander Jocasta
- Lv 230 Colonel Niala Dekrun
- Jack "The Leg-chopper" Quest (Contact NPC for Engineer version is in Cyborg Barracks)
- Team Fixer Grid Mission 'Contacts' for Part II of the quest are specially spawned Cyborgs at Fixer Grid exits, with Lunaspell placeholders.
Loot and Tradeskills
Implants: Atrox only. NODROP, suitable possibly for low level twink Atrox; provide relatively low amounts of HP but also skills otherwise unobtainable and at a very low Treatment cost
- Cyborg Head Implant - Max Health and Disease AC
- Cyborg Chest Implant - Useful for equipping Str-requirement armor
- Cyborg Arm Implant - Only the QL 197-200 has more Strength than Touch of the Gripper
- Cyborg Waist Implant - QL 141 and higher has more Stamina than Keeper's Vitality
- Cyborg Wrist Implant - Left Wrist - Deflect - Notum Splice's Nanoskills are arguably more useful outside of an evade build
- Cyborg Leg Implant - Only a QL 184+ Leg implant has more Stamina than a QL 200 Cyborg one
- Cyborg Death Squad Armor
- All the types of Miy's Armor, even Miy's Nano Armor, but a rarer drop than from Medusae and other Miy's mobs
- Enforcer aggro tools that cost a tiny fraction of the Psychology to use as the same QL of Aggression Enhancer (Jealousy Augmented) costs, for about half the value of Taunt as it effects:
- Monster Parts which can be used to make Blood Plasma
- Hellspinner Upgrades
- Hellfury Upgrades
- Improved Immortal Katanas
There are other designations, especially at the Cyborg Citadel, such as Engineer and Sentry
- Cyborgs on Faunlore