Temple of Three Winds
The Temple of Three Winds (TOTW or To3W, among other names) is a instance for players of level 60 and below. Return trips from the Temple are now handled by the ICC, and the NPC that teleports characters there is now found in ICC HQ.
As the headquarters of a cult known as Cult of the Immortal One, you will encounter many religious type NPCs in this instance. Most common are the Cultists who are guarding this temple with their lives. Many items from this instance have descriptions, explaining the Cult of the Immortal One.
Please keep in mind that you will be warped out of the current instance after reaching level 70 and you will not be allowed to go back in again if you are higher than level 60.
The Temple is a PvP zone, despite the messages to the contrary on pulsing effects that target players of other sides. These effects do not affect the targets until combat is instigated. Combat can only take place between players that have PvP enabled on them, such as by attacking sided guards, or taking part in the Foreman's Graffiti mission. If you cast nanos on (even beneficial ones to buff) a player with asterisks around their nametag (flagged), you will receive these flags yourself, and can be attacked by enemy players in PvP zones such as the Temple or capital cities.
There are at least three instances of the Temple. Press Shift + F9 and among the other data will be "GS=1" or "GS=2" or another number. Teaming up with another character should ensure you will be sent to the same instance. You will always log back into the same instance, but the ID numbers can occasionally be switched around. For example, if your alt character or another player was known to be in the instance with the GS=1 ID, and another character teams with them but when entering sees the GS=2 ID, Shift + F9 with the first character/s again: the instance ID numbers might have been switched.
- 1 Patches
- 2 Location
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Enemies
- 5 Bosses
- 5.1 Entrance Area
- 5.2 Wing of the Past
- 5.3 Wing of the Present
- 5.4 Wing of the Future
- 6 Loot
- 7 Map
- 8 Minions
- 9 Drop probabilities
- 10 After
- 11 Recent and notable past bugs
- 12 Related Quests
- 13 Links
- 14 See also
An ICC shuttle lands to the south of the entrance; simply step into the glowing blue circle to be transported back to the shuttle launchpad at ICC HQ. Windcaller Karrec has moved to a cramped but busy office / chapel / storage shed in ICC HQ (right turn as you exit the Transportation building).
The loot has been changed multiple times and items that were only rumored to drop like Skull of the Ancients (2010s change) and Shadowfade Helm (2000s change) now drop indisputably. The Skull is practically a common drop from Nematet as of 2018.
Nowadays there are many more Cultists that will not always attack, and whether they are grey or not may well be an issue. Another noticeable behaviour change is their propensity to attack the highest level character in the vicinity, which is a tremendous help to high levels escorting low level characters.
Teleporters in most Organization Cities would previously send players to the following coordinates:
Added in a patch a little after Cerrak, Windcaller Karrec teleport players to the Temple at the Newland Desert whompahs. He can be safely accessed by any faction. He and his portal has moved to a cargo container at the ICC HQ spaceport. Before Patch 18.7, he was on the southeast side of the Newland Desert whompahs, south of the Fair Trade shop, east of the merchant huts.
Nowadays he has a mission to open the portal behind him; click to be teleported. Spiders lurk outside and there are no cultists waiting inside, although "trains" of enemies pulled by players can be anywhere.
Donating to Karrec may still work; players used to give him 1000 credits at the bottom of the 'Give Items/Give Credits' box. Characters below 60 would get a Temple of Three Winds Key key, they have not been deleted, and some players still possess one. Characters below 60 could use the key on the portal (Temple of Three Winds Gateway) next to the Windcaller; doing so transported them instantly to the Temple of Three Winds. Such items are often used in quests: pick it up out of inventory, and with it on your cursor, click on the target item.
Karrec is Cerrak spelled backwards.
Before Patch 18.7, an easy way for Omnis and Neutrals to get to this temple was to go to Rome Green. In the south east of Rome Green at 426 x 242 is several boxes and Windcaller Cerrak was standing next to them. Cerrak has vanished without a trace.
The Junior Agency handler in the Mission Agencies has a dialogue line giving a mission for characters below level 60 to see Dante Karrall in Neuters'R'Us in Newland City. The Teleport to the Temple is from ICC HQ.
Leaving the Temple, or getting there without teleporters, may require a trek across the desert to Tir. Fixers and Doctors can teleport team members to the Grid. Nanotechnicians can teleport them to a city. Engineers can teleport team members to the Engineer's location. Typing /terminate will suicide the character and they will lose experience, and will lower all their stats for a while, but may be preferable. Or it may be time to try out something dangerous.
There is an outpost south of the temple, approximately half way between the temple and the zone border that links Greater Tir County to Tir County. It was and may still be neutral, but there are Clan guards outside.
South of the zone border, north of Tir, is a small town with Clan guards and the Clan quest NPCs Nodda Gregg and Inventor Bobic, with significant rewards for Clan players. Both NPCs are part of the series of Clan Starter Quests, in addition to their own quests. Inventor Bobic's quest cannot be completed by Level 31 and above characters.
Khalum, Nematet, The Curator, Lien the Memorystalker, Windcaller Yatila, Defender of the Three; even regular pistol cultists use Fire attacks, and a lot of the other bosses use Cold too. A good number of armors other than, for example, Carbonum, Newcomers, Bronto and Rhinoman Armor have weaknesses to Cold and Fire. Eyemutant Sinew Armor. Crawler Armor, Energized Armor and Prowler Armor are weak to both. Nova Dillon, Kirch Kevlar, Sekutek, Metallic Mantis, Rollerrat Helmet and incredibly, Notum Infused Kevlar Armor and Sentinel Armor are weak to fire; CAS Symbiotic Armor and its Graft and Organic ingredients are weak to cold. Even Miy's Melee Armor and Shadowfade from the Temple itself, although balanced, are weakest to both.
All enemies here used to always aggro, even when grey. Except for one or two in the passageway leading to the Defender of the Three. Fortunately, they have a short aggro radius, and it is sometimes possible to sneak. Run speed buffs both, reduce the chance that the Cultists will aggro to some extent, and make it possible to leave them so far behind they simply turn back. Almost all Cultists in the Wings of the Past, Present and Future will not leave their Wing, and the ones in the great Hall and entrance corridors will not enter the Wings nor very far down the narrow passage to the Exit.
Body pulling works on some groups. Others, especially dangerous foes like Windcallers and Exarchs, will either react after a pause, tempting the player to approach within an ally's aggro range (whereupon both attack instantly), or just add even to a proximity aggro, so players will have to risk an experiment or play it safe.
- Cultists - humanoids of all breeds and sizes, cast Ire of the Immortal
- Faithfuls (Oran, Casca, Nathan, Malikai, Cyth, Murial, Pallen) - humanoids of all breeds and sizes
- Acolytes (Seleen, Betany, Kelian, Dominic, Opet, Felid, Amber, Bryant, Verona, Kalen) - humanoids of all breeds and sizes
- Reverends (Oluay, Gulard, Cadelly, Julaan, Dashell, Suxx) - humanoids of all breeds and sizes
- Windcallers (Yatila, Yen, Rendal, Tilla, Donnel) - humanoids of all breeds and sizes, all of which drop the Red Berry Wine for the Like Fine Wine quest, which was added fairly early on.
- Exarchs (Gevarain, Li-Po, Ecclese, Truan, Pilvar) - humanoids of all breeds and sizes
- Ju-ju Dolls - little skeletons
- Deathless Legionnaires - big, scythe wielding skeletons. Meta-Phyicists can summon a pet with the same look, with ingredients found in the Wing of the Past
- Animated Corpses - skeletons
- Eternal Guardian - Gladiatorbot (previously three, standing) patrolling in Guardian of Tomorrow's room, which can be attacked without causing the Guardian itself to aggro.
Defender of the Three
Wing of the Past
Stay close to the left hand wall and slip around the corners of the maze and most times you will only have to kill the patrolling Deathless Legionnaires, rather than the two standing guard in the alcoves. The exception is when someone has fled the maze and the Legionnaires do not correctly return to their places, whereupon they may attack, either because they are too close to slip by, or they are stuck in some sort of combat mode.
Lien the Memorystalker
Wing of the Present
Nematet the Custodian of Time
Wing of the Future
Guardian of Tomorrow
Gartua the Doorkeeper
Uklesh the Frozen
Note that Khalum spawns immediately after Uklesh dies and Aztur after Khalum, preventing them for melee players from being challenged in separate fights that allow Medding in between. Uklesh respawn on his 10 minute respawn timer regardless of whether Khalum or Aztur from the previously killed Uklesh are still alive, making it possible to have multiple Khalums and Azturs to be alive at the same time.
Aztur the Immortal
On use casts Unhallowed Force: +50 damage, 100% resistance to snares, roots and calms, locks Strength for 20 min.
- Shadowfade Armor (Helmet) [NODROP] (uncommon drop from Windcallers Tilla, Donnel, Yen and Rendal; never drops from Yatila)
- Shadowfade Armor (Body) [NODROP] (100% from Windcaller Tilla and uncommon from Windcaller Yen)
- Shadowfade Armor (Sleeves) [NODROP] (100% from Reverend Saxx, also drops from Reverend Oluay)
- Shadowfade Armor (Gloves) [NODROP] (Reverend Julaan)
- Shadowfade Armor (Pants) [NODROP] (100% from Windcaller Yen)
- Shadowfade Armor (Boots) [NODROP] (100% from Windcaller Yen)
Rings of Three
It is possible to get all of the rings with the same name but different bonusses, UNIQUE does not apply to item's name but item's id.
On use casts Memory Loss: wipes hatelist of target, locks Psycho Modi for 10 min. Target must be level 124 or less, giving it a level limit of usefulness, whereas its Psycho Mod requirement makes it usable by all professions, compared with the Emotional Sponge from Steps of Madness which requires Psychology.
On use casts Tattered Flame: damages target 300-339, locks Matter Crea for 3 min.
On use casts Weeping Flesh: damages target for 53 x 11, locks Bio Metamor for 3 min.
On use damages fighting target for 100, heals user for 75, locks Body Dev. for 1 min.
On use casts Eternal Night: blinds the target and modifies Add All Off -30, locks Sensory Impr for 3 min.
NCU & Belt
- Guardian Circuit Board 5 Free deck slot, +15 NCU, +70 Max Nano (100% from Guardian of Tomorrow only)
- Dark Memories +26 NCU, +40 Max Nano, +1% Resist Root (100% from Lien the Memorystalker only)
- Memory Loop +33 NCU (rare from Lien the Memorystalker only)
Can be equipped by anyone but used only by Nano-Technicans. On use casts Notum Splice: +50 nano each sec for 20 sec, locks Max Nano for 10 min.
- Touch of the Gripper [NODROP] (100% from The Curator and Nematet the Custodian of Time)
- Skull of the Ancient [NODROP] (uncommon from Nematet the Custodian of Time and rare from Aztur the Immortal only)
- Nematet's Inner Eye [NODROP] (uncommon to rare from Nematet the Custodian of Time only)
- Keeper's Vitality [NODROP] (very rare from Gartua the Doorkeeper only)
- Inner Faith [NODROP] (probably not in game, otherwise extremely rare either from from Gartua the Doorkeeper or Reverend Hyuan)
- Nano Crystal (Lien's Crystalizer) (Meta-Physicist: cast this to spawn shell, use an Urn on the shell to spawn a scythe wielding Legionnaire pet)
- Purifying Rod (fairly common from most boss mobs)
- Crumbling Funeral Urn (100% from The Re-animator and Lien the Memorystalker only)
Bring to Dante Karall in return for 25,000 credits.
There is a quest in connection with these books The guy to talk to is named Hermit, and can be found at /waypoint 827, 2298, 647 (static, Tir Desert, Greater Tir County). He is well versed in the ancient languages, and says he can help you with the books you find in the temple. He is looking for Ape Fist of Khalum, Tree of Enlightenment, and Karmic Fist Book. When you bring him the completed books you will receive special Martial Arts attacks. The Karmic Fist is located in the Inner Sanctum.
- Tree of Enlightenment books, used in Martial Artist's Temple Attacks quest to create Tree of Enlightenment: 120dmg + 290 team heal.
- Tattered book: Tree of Enlightenment (section 1) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Tree of Enlightenment (section 2) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Tree of Enlightenment (section 3) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Tree of Enlightenment (section 4) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Tree of Enlightenment (section 5) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Tree of Enlightenment (section 6) [NODROP]. Common, possibly 100%, from Exarch Gervain and Windcaller Yen, and seems common on Acolytes as well
- Tattered book: Ape Fist of Khalum (section 1) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Ape Fist of Khalum (section 2) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Ape Fist of Khalum (section 3) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Ape Fist of Khalum (section 4) [NODROP]
- Tattered book: Ape Fist of Khalum (section 5) [NODROP] (used in Martial Artist's Temple Attacks quest to create Ape Fist of Khalum: 97dmg + 2sec stun)
A Run Speed buff from a Fixer or Adventurer will leave the Cultists far enough behind that they go away and ignore you. But the current ultimate in protection from Cultists is the Initiate Teachings of the Immortal One, obtained with Commendations from Arbiter Vincenzo Palmiero in the ICC HQ Holodeck
Cultists: Scythe (Energy), Pitchfork (Melee), Pistol (Fire), Crossbow (Projectile) and other weapons in combination with different body builds and Breeds, all dressed in purplish jumpsuits. Of note:
- Omnipresent heavily built nanomage male, fire nanos
- Opifex female with Tattoos vertically through eyes and down face; Scythe energy, Wing of the Past
- Blonde Solitus Male, Pitchfork
- Melee Damage:
- Reverend Gulard
- Reanimated Corpse with Cleaver - summoned by the Reanimator or spawned in the shallow water below, they have 285-300 or so HP
- Eternal Sentinel - Frail Skeleton - low level; the only mobs in the instance other than Eternal Guardians that drop regular loot, and unlike the Guardians, they drop more than just swords.
- Reanimated Corpse with Crossbow - Projectile damage
- Lien the Memorystalker - Melee damage and Fire nanos
- Ju-ju Doll - Summoned by Lien, melee damage
- Deathless Legionnaire - Energy Damage - Scythe
Acolyte Opet and Windcaller Rendal - Melee
- Reverend Julaan - Melee
- Guardian of Tomorrow - Melee
Guardian of Tomorrow's room:
- Eternal Guardians - drop only swords
- Acolyte Kalen seems to be the only inhabitant that does not do Energy damage; her BFG does Radiation AC
- Acolyte Verona - Energy
- Cyth the Faithful. Less likely to aggro than the others. Energy damage
- Reverend Saxx - melee damage, energy damage with the 1HB weapon
- Pallen the Faithful and Muriel the Faithful of Aztur's "Throne Room", were changed in a patch from guarding the door to Gartua to wandering the area. They make it next to impossible to AFK in the Throne Room without being attacked. They do Energy damage at a value sufficiently low to allow characters with Dr Hack 'n' Quack on to AFK.
- Exarch Ecclese - Energy
These percentages are a work in progress, subject to change in patches, and based on a very limited sample size. Your results may vary greatly. That said, it seems the rarest item in To3W is almost certainly a tie between the green BM MM ring from the Curator and the Holy Book of the Immortal from Aztur, followed by Guardian Tank Armor, followed at a fair distance by Keeper's Vitality. It is harder to kill Uklesh, of course, but the Frozen Tear drops relatively often, so it might not even be the next hardest. And the rest, excepting the Martial Artist books on which there is no info available, are not things too hard to get.
Which is a massive change from before 18.7; powerful buffing items like the Skull are much easier to get now. We know a lot more now about the relationship between drop reporting, loot tables, and patches, since the reports of the Skull and the Eye dropping before patch 18.7. As soon as the Skull was added to the game, large numbers of reports confirmed that, compared to a small trickle when it did not exist. It is safe to assume that any reports of Inner Faith dropping are the same attempts to gain fame or notoriety. It does not exist.
Players will greatly benefit from the items in Steps of Madness, but it is designed to exclude XP gain by making all its enemies very tough and low level. Biomare is better suited for leveling after leaving the Temple of the Three Winds.
Recent and notable past bugs
- A bug has been reported in 2018 where Reverend Hyuan's Magical Stave of Inferno does not behave as one would expect when equipped to the social tab, ie come back off again. /stuck seems to fix this
- Temple of Train Wrecks - Google Search
- "Train Station"-AO Universe
- ICC Missions and the "Initiate Teachings of the Immortal One" and "Rites of the High Exarch" for Inner Sanctum
- Martial Artist Tips and Tricks - The Temple MA attacks
Base of this article was taken from AoStratics.
Direct link to the original page: http://ao.stratics.com/content/guides/dungeons/templeofthreewinds.php?s=